Sweet and mellow taste after a bake in the oven. Spread a clove directly on bread or incorporate all cloves into other dishes such as mashed potatoes.
Serves 4-6 people
- garlic: 1 head
- olive oil: drizzle, about 1 tsp
- Heat oven: To 200 C/400 F.
- Cut garlic head: Cut the top off the garlic head far enough down to expose the inside of each clove. Discard any loose outside skin.
- Wrap: Place head on a piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle the tops of clove with olive oil and wrap the foil up and over the head to cover completely.
- Roast 45-50 minutes: Until cloves inside are soft.
- Extract cloves: Squeeze each clove to slide out of the skins.
- Spread directly on bread/toast or use in other dishes. Keeps in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days.